Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ever Seen a Naked Chicken?

Day 4
Well today we decided to skip church and get some things done. Our day so far...has consisted of shopping, building, studying and a trip to the farm. My husband is a Poultry Science Major and currently working with a professor on project with the University to improve the show quality in their exibition birds. The "Naked Chicken" is the product of genetic research and years of experiance and breeding. My husband does not work with the Naked Chickens during his project but I thought you might like to see this interesting sight. I was shocked at first to see them and now I enjoy watching them each time I venture our to the farm with Jake to check on his chickens. He was also very excited to show off his projects new barn. The professor he is working with will be moving barns soon so, so will the birds. I hope you enjoy this very interesting breed of chicken.
 Meet Mr. Naked Chicken  ;-)

New Cages in the new barn. My Hubby is very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment